Great Things Happen at MCCC!
We’ve had a fast & busy start to the 2023-2024 school year! Our students are learning new skills, making new friends, taking field trips, & participating in MCCC activities, experiences, & celebrations.
- Our new Career Technical Student Leadership Council was chosen & held a School Sunrise to kick off the year & promote school pride.
- Over 200 students were invited to become MCCC Student Ambassadors for our 8th Grade Tours, Road Shows, & MCCC Experience days.
- Career Exploration students started their jobs at Habitat for Humanity & Buehler’s Forest Meadows. They also shopped to stock our MCCC Care Closet. Our Care Closet is a place to help students who might need essentials.
- We celebrated 89 companies who participated in hiring 114 student interns from 16 of our Career Technical majors at the Summer Internship dinner.
- Twenty young women participated in the Local 18 Operating Engineers SheDig Day. Our students got to run a variety of equipment & learned about apprenticeships & opportunities in this in-demand field.
- The Center Café run by MCCC Chef & Restaurant Management students won four Best of the Best in the Medina Gazette contest. We are the Best of the Best in burgers, casual dining, desserts, & seafood.
- The students in Career & Community Experience have been busy growing their lettuce in their hydroponics lab, working at Twiisted Burgers & Sushi, & spreading cheer through the school with their Kindness Cart.
- MCCC staff and students participated in the Special Olympics Plane Pull fundraiser & won first place!
Follow our Facebook page for all the great things happening at MCCC!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!