MCCC Career-Technical & Adult Education Advisory Council Guidelines
A local board of education-approved advisory council representing business/industry and the community is required for all programs. The advisory council is required to meet at least once annually and the minutes of all official advisory council meetings shall be kept on file as part of a school district’s official records. CTAE strongly encourages actively engaging the advisory council in all aspects of program improvement and student learning. It is recommended the advisory council should include appropriate representatives, industry or occupation for which the council is established, trade or professional organizations representing any relevant occupations, organized labor, parents, current and former students and other community representatives that can contribute to the advancement of the program.
Function of Advisory Councils
An advisory council is a group of highly-qualified individuals who provide industry-appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement of career-technical programs.
Advisory Council Member Responsibility
Each member is expected to attend the annual meeting, participate in council discussion, and contribute relevant input. Members are asked to maintain confidentiality and discretion in discussing official matters outside of the council meeting. Active, engaged council members are encouraged to partner with program teachers and students throughout the school year.
Awards of Excellence Recipients
The MCCC Award of Excellence is presented to an Advisory Council member who enhances the Medina County Career Center’s position as a leader in education and community impact; takes initiative to solve problems and improve the education and learning of students; consistently goes over and above in support of the Medina County Career Center’s mission.
- Chris Pappas, Twiisted (2022)
- Jacinda Yonker, Educational Service Center of Medina County (2021)
- Kathy Breitenbucher, Medina County Economic Development Corporation (2020)
- Dr. Christine Beiling-Sheerer, Medina Vision and Laser Centre (2019)
- Ginger Heberlein, The Polished Look (2018)
- Basil Guild, D & S Color Supply (2017)
- Jackie Schulte, SFS intec, Inc. (2016)
- Hal Wagoner, Fuserashi International Technology, Inc. (2016)
- Brian Russell, The Hoffman Group (2015)
- J. Randy Bennett, Automation Tool and Die (2014)
- Jim Wolf, Atlantic Tool and Die (2014)
- Evangelene Brown, Salon Evangelene (2013)
Advisory Council Matrix
The Advisory Council Matrix is available for download for individual career-technical education programs, advisory members, and opportunities.