Medina County Career Center students, staff, and faculty are grateful they have opportunities to serve others throughout our community.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
MCCC Care Closet
Opened during the 2019-2020 school year, the MCCC Care Closet supports students needing food and household items. We are grateful for our community partnerships to sustain such support:
- Apple Mobile Leasing
- Buehler’s Food Markets Inc
- Feeding Medina County
- Fuserashi International Technology, Inc.
- ID Images
- Leadership Medina County
- NOMS Podiatry
- Omni Home Health Care
- Sandridge Food Corporation
Wreaths Across America – Sales and assisting Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery to remember and honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths.
Business & Marketing Technology (ITA)
Veterans’ Honor – Free technology sessions
Technology Help Sessions – Medina County Office for Older Adults
Actively helps and support the efforts of the MCCC Care Closet
Chef & Restaurant Management
Omelet Fundraiser, Feeding Medina County (2019-2020 Funds Raised to Date: $3000)
Volunteer at Taste of Medina to help raise awareness and money for United Way of Medina
Veterans’ Honor – Free lunch
Commercial Truck & Equipment
Community Outreach Projects:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Medina Fire House
- Veteran’s Hall, Medina.
Sponsors families for the holidays
Manicures and Pampering at local assisted living locations
Veterans’ Honor – Free haircuts
Diversified Medical Technologies
Donates to the MCCC Care Closet
Donates tie blankets to Medina CCF oncology department.
Hosts two American Red Cross blood drives each year.
Early Childhood Education
Key Club is sponsored by Medina Breakfast Kiwanis, which meets every Thursday at Medina General Hospital.
- September: Race Volunteers for the Race for Grace 5K at Buckeye Woods Park
- October: Route 18 Highway Cleanup; Setup and Take Down of Decorations for the Halloween Dance at the Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- November: Help Decorate Medina Square for the Holidays
- December: Lunch with Santa at MCCC, Christmas Caroling at Medina Restaurants to Collect Donations to Benefit Coats for Kids.
- February: Help with Dishes at the From the Heart Scholarship Dinner, Setup and Take Down of Decorations for the Valentine’s Day Dance at the Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
MCCC Staff & Students
Volunteer to pack Weekenders for Children at the Feeding Medina County facility
Special Olympics: Plane Pull, MCCC Staff (2019-2020 Funds Raised to Date: $1900)
Care Closet: Donations, fundraising initiatives to support students in need
Power Equipment Technology
Precision Machining Technology (SMA)
Fall Walk-a-Thon supporting Special Olympics, St. Baldrick’s Foundation, Truckers Against Trafficking, Wounded Warrior Project, and Toys for Tots (2019-2020 Funds Raised to Date: Over $5,000)
Sports Medicine & Exercise Science
Windfall Winter Olympics – Volunteer
National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (2019-2020 Funds Raised to Date: $180)
Bright Eyedeas Vision Clinic: Providing free eye exams and glasses for those in need
Preschool Vision Screening
11th Grade Hearing and Vision Screening
Donate eyeglasses to Lions Club, medical offices, and private organizations for missionary services in developing countries
American Cancer Society (2019-2020 Funds Raised to Date: $2275)