Effective Date: November 2023
The privacy of our students, staff, and community is of utmost importance to the Medina County Career Center (MCCC). MCCC has a long history of protecting your privacy and our concern for your privacy is no different in an online environment. Please review the entire policy and feel free to contact us using the contact information below if you have any questions. By using MCCC websites, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information in accordance with the policy.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information you provide directly to MCCC.
For certain activities, such as when you register, subscribe to our alerts, download our datasets, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
Information we collect automatically.
We may collect certain information automatically when you use our websites, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the websites, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click, the pages you view, the general manner in which you navigate the Sites, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our sites, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Sites to login to the Sites or to share information about your experience on the Sites with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Contact you, fulfill your requests for products, services, and information.
- Send you promotional materials from MCCC.
- Analyze the use of the sites and user data to understand and improve the websites.
- Customize the content you see when you use the websites.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which we obtained your personal information and any other permitted purposes permitted by law, and in compliance with our data retention policies. For example, we will retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
Medina County Career Center welcomes comments regarding this privacy statement. Please convey any questions or concerns to:
Dr. Mari Engelhart
Director of Technology
Medina County Career Center
1101 W. Liberty Street
Medina, Ohio 44256