English for Healthcare Professionals
Were you trained as a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, physical therapist, dentist, lab technician, or other healthcare professional before you came to the U.S.?
Do you want to work in a healthcare career but need help improving your English?
Do you want to learn more about the requirements of the U.S. healthcare system and career opportunities?
This free program can help you with all these questions. In the program, a teacher and career counselor will help you:
- learn medical terminology and work-related English,
- access an online course called “Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach,”
- learn about jobs in the U.S. Healthcare system,
- develop your career pathway,
- receive Basic Life Support training and certification,
- learn about electronic medical records,
- learn how to get foreign credentials verified and evaluated,
- improve typing skills.
To qualify for the class, students must:
- have intermediate level English skills,
- be a permanent resident or U.S. Citizen,
- have basic computer skills and a valid email address,
- complete a telephone interview,
- complete assessments.
Classes meet Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm beginning in January.
To Register, or for more information, please contact Denise Friend, ESOL Healthcare Class Coordinator, Polaris Career Center ABLE Program at email@example.com or call 440.891.7647
Additional Services for Adult Basic Education